Book of the Week


This weekend, I (almost) finished the book Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson. I've been reading it because it's our next selection for the Chick Lit Book Club. We're meeting on March 31st, which is coming right up, so I've got to hurry and finish.

Fortunately, this won't be a hard task to complete! I started reading the book on Saturday morning and before long I'd read ninety pages. Now, I've read almost one hundred and fifty. The suspense continues to build, and so does my interest.

The main reason why I'm loving this book is because the main character sounds so real. She acts, speaks, and reacts like an actual teenager person. Plus, there are plenty of kooky characters and lots of local color to keep the reader engaged and entertained.

This book is sure to appeal to all types of people-- Prom lovers, haters, the young and the old(er) will be flipping pages like mad to try and find out what happens at the end of this book!