Book of the Week


This week's Book of the Week is Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols. When I first bought it, I found the cover striking and provocative. After reading it, the cover has nothing on the actual story. This is the story of Meg, a sort of rebel without a cause, who gets in trouble with the law. She is caught under a bridge where a couple of teens had died years before Meg came to fool around with her boyfriend. Unfortunately for her, the man who arrests her has a serious infatuation with that bridge and patrols it regularly.

For her punishment, Meg is made to ride along with the police officer who arrested her during her upcoming school vacation. At first, Meg is extremely annoyed with this penalty, but as she gets to know the officer, she starts to form a bit of a crush on him. I don't want to give away too much about what ensues in this story, but I will say that I read it in one sitting. I had to find out what happened to these characters and in this story.

This story will probably appeal more to a female reader than a male, but there is a bit of grit and some action involved in the story that may keep the attention of a male audience. If you'd like to give it a shot, you can find it on the free reading shelf at the back of the room.

This book counts toward my tally in the Young Adult Reading Challenge 2010.