Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Webquest: The 1930's
In order to understand the characters and issues presented in John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, it is essential to have some background knowledge of the 1930's. The 1930's were a turbulent time in American history and those who lived during this time period needed to become true survivalists.
A webquest is designed to help you find out chunks of information about a smaller topic. You will all research one aspect of the 1930's and then share your findings on your blogs. We will collect information and share our information in a collaborative fashion to create an overall understand of this time period.
Here are the steps you need to follow to complete this webquest:
1. You will be assigned a topic.
2. You will go to the website where you can find information about your topic.
3. Find 4-6 important/ interesting facts, statistics, or pieces of information about your topic.
4. List you information in a new blog post on your blog. Make sure to use your own words.
5. Paste or embed a link to show readers where you found your information.
6. Send me 2-3 questions for a class quiz. The answers MUST be able to be found in your blog post. Also send me the answers to your questions.
7. Upload an image related to your topic into your blog post.
8. If you finish early, you may check other student blogs and comment on their previous or current posts.
Here are the links to your information:
Overview of the Great Depression
The Migrant Experience
New Deal 1
New Deal 2
African American Life During the 1930’s
Race Relations in the 1930’s
Agriculture in the 1930’s
Women and Work
Women and Fashion
We will have a collaborative scavenger hunt-style quiz over this information next week. Next class, we will conference over your 5 Paragraph Essays. As always, lots to do!