Quote of the Week

It is no secret that I am a fan of Henry David Thoreau. He had a way of using words to create profound, yet simple statements. In fact, I used a Thoreau quotation on my wedding invitations when my husband and I were married.

This week's quotation is for you all, but for the seniors especially. We've been reading Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. I can't help but think of Thoreau when I think about Chris McCandless. I don't necessarily agree that the "path" McCandless sought is for all, but I think we do need to actively look for the path that best suits us. We are not best served by being idle or passive when it comes to finding out who we are supposed to become.

Congratulations, Seniors. I hope that you realize how important your accomplishment of graduating high school is. This process has not come without struggle for you. I wish you ease of travel on whatever path you choose to forge in the coming years!

Here is our quote of the week, from American writer Henry David Thoreau:

"Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."