Book of the Week


This weekend, I read a book that's a bit out of my normal reading element. I'm not normally a girl who enjoys fantasy or magical-type stories, but I found one that I absolutely couldn't put down!

So what is it, you ask? It's called Tithe: A Modern Fairie Tale and it's written by Holly Black. I was immediately hooked into this story because the main character, Kaye, is so real. She comes from a bit of a broken home and has some less-than-savory friends. Quickly, though, her decision to aid a dying knight named Roiben. Of course, this good deed leads to a whole chaotic mess for Kaye and her friend Corny.

I don't want to give too much away, but believe me when I say that you will not be able to put this one down! You can find a copy of the book on the free reading shelf in the back of the room.