A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words




Even though I was not in school today, you were all with me in my thoughts. I was extremely pleased to read that you all did a great job while I was off learning about how to teach you better. Good job, ya'll.

Our lovely substitute teacher, Ms. Gordon, led you in our "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words" project. For this project, you had to choose a picture or a portrait of a slave. You then had to use your empathy skills to read into what the slave might be thinking and feeling at that moment in time. After you create a list of at least eight words, you'll use a thesaurus to make sure that all of your words are non-puke. Then, you will creatively arrange your words around your picture on a small poster.

After this project is finished, you will continue reading from Day of Tears to page 60.

If you were absent, you need to see me about making up this project and the reading.