Book of the Week


For the month of April, every Book of the Week will be either a collection of poetry or a novel told in verse. This is one of the many ways that we are going to celebrate National Poetry Month. Out title this week is edited by Betsy Franco, but the poems are all written by teenagers. Real teenagers.

It's called Falling Hard: 100 Love Poems By Teenagers. All of the poems are about love in some form or another, but there are different types of love and different stages of love addressed. I love that the poems are all written by teens. I hope that some of you take this collection as inspiration and proof that your words are worth sharing with the world!

There are many, many awesome poems in this collection, but I thought that I'd share my absolute favorite in the entire bunch:

"Love Poem" by Juan Nunez, age 15

I am
the flour
to your tortilla,
baby.