Book of the Week



All in all, I have read four books by Gail Giles. Unless I am mistaken, these four books are still available on the free reading shelf in the back of the room if you are interested in reading them. This weekend, I read one of her recent books, What Happened to Cass McBride?

Like the others I've read by Giles, this is a sort of thiller/mystery. It is about a teenage girl named (You guessed it!) Cass McBride who is abducted from her bedroom one night. Cass was a popular girl at her school, so she was both respected and feared by her peers. Police had a hard time figuring out a motive or a possible lead to who might have abductde her until they looked closer at a teen who had committed suicide a couple of days before Cass went missing.

The text narrates between police, Cass' abductor, and Cass herself. There are quite a few flashbacks included in the story that allow you to understand the childhoods of both Cass and her kidnapper.

I will not give away the ending, but I will say that I genuinely wanted to keep reading this book to find out what happened to her and whether or not she would be rescued in time.

If you like this type of story, you may want to check out her other titles I've read: Dead Girls Don't Write Letters, Shattering Glass (my personal favorite), and Right Behind You (her most recent).